With the Shanghai lockdown currently impacting supply chains in China, the ripple effect will be felt across the globe in the future. To help address shipping challenges, the Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) joined forces with a broad spectrum of industries to request that Congress move quickly to improve and complete work on a final version of the Ocean Shipping Reform Act (OSRA) for greater stability and predictability in shipping policies and supply chains.
Of primary concern are:
- Minimum service standards for ocean carriers
- Certification for detention and demurrage charges
- Prohibition on declining export bookings
- Providing the facilities and instrumentalities to perform transport services
- 3rd party intervention in Federal Maritime Commission actions related to anticompetitive conduct
SFIA has signed on to a letter to Congress requesting swift action on the Ocean Shipping Reform Act (OSRA) to help address problems identified during the COVID supply chain crisis. Click here for a copy of the letter.
For more information please contact Bill Sells, SVP of Government & Public Affairs, at [email protected].