VANCOUVER, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct. 30, 2019– .Nautilus, Inc. (NYSE:NLS), the innovation leader in home fitness for over 40 years, is delivering a new level of connected fitness with the launch of JRNY™, its digital platform that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to provide truly customized workouts that automatically adjust with the individual user. Formerly known as Max Intelligence™, the rebranded JRNY™ digital platform offers enhanced features and has expanded to more Bowflex products.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191030005307/en/
Nautilus, Inc. rolls out a world-class, AI-powered, adaptive coaching platform called JRNY™ to multiple Bowflex® products to create truly personalized home workouts. (Photo: Business Wire)
Based on customer feedback and the company’s continued investment in connected fitness, JRNY is an integrated feature on the new Bowflex®Max Trainer® Max Total cardio machine, and available via an app for the Bowflex® Results Series BXT216 and BXT116 treadmills. It will be made available on more Bowflex, Nautilus and Schwinn equipment over time.
JRNY’s adaptive coaching technology uses AI algorithms, data from an initial assessment, and tracking from previous workouts to create personalized daily workouts based on the user’s fitness goals. Each custom workout is adjusted automatically based on how the user is feeling, how much they improve, and their past performance. Users also receive real-time feedback and expert guidance from a virtual trainer, as well as rewards to celebrate their achievements.
“We are focused on what will motivate and make our customers successful long-term. They’ve told us the friendly, supportive one-on-one coaching of a virtual personal trainer is a huge factor in sticking with their fitness goals. Plus, the easy-to-use interface, workout logs and broad selection of content helps keep their workouts fresh,” said Jim Barr, CEO for Nautilus, Inc. “With our digital platform, there are no gimmicks — just helpful technology, backed by scientific and customer research that is designed to get results. We’re building on decades of industry expertise to bring our customers to the next level with our connected fitness experience.”
The JRNY digital platform offers the company’s proprietary Explore the World™ app, which allows users to train in locations across the globe – from the Irish countryside to the beaches of Australia – via high-definition video for an immersive experience. It will launch featuring numerous locations to choose from and be available by the end of 2019. JRNY also features an expanded library of trainer-led workouts based on a user’s fitness level, personalized running and walking coaching for treadmill users, and additional rewards to celebrate and motivate users to complete their workouts.
Users will have more entertainment options with JRNY, including Bowflex radio and access to streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu*.
“Through workout metrics and customer feedback, we are seeing improved results for people engaging with our connected fitness products; that’s why we’re committed to expanding this experience on more products to increase our users chances of meeting their fitness goals,” said Chris Quatrochi, vice president, innovation at Nautilus, Inc. “Our new Max Total™ features an integrated touchscreen and seamless access to the JRNY coaching tool, so we’re confident this solution will deliver great results for our customers.”
JRNY Digital Platform
The stand-alone JRNY app is available for download in the Google Play and iOS Stores and comes pre-loaded on the Max Total machine. The purchase of a Max Total machine comes with JRNY embedded in the console, and a 12-month free subscription to JRNY, which allows access to premium features. Bowflex Results Series treadmill owners and existing Max Trainer M6 and M8 owners can enjoy a two-month free subscription to the platform. Following the trial period, a premium subscription will cost $19.99 per month or $149 per year.
Bowflex Max Trainer Max Total Machine
The new Max Trainer Max Total machine offers the following features:
- A built-in 9.6” Samsung LCD touch screen and premium sound bar to provide easy access to JRNY and other digital offerings that fully immerse users in their fitness experience.
- Blending the motions of an elliptical and a stepper into one unique workout, the Max Total is a compact machine that neatly fits in your home.
- Quick, energizing workouts that range from four to 30 minutes.
- Upper body power measurement and training tool that coaches and motivates users to push harder, maxing out their upper body threshold to help build strength, burn fat and boost confidence.
- 20 levels of resistance, as well as an intuitive aluminum resistance dial. In addition, it comes complete with 3 automatic resistance toggling workout programs to guide users through their workout.
- Dynamic, premium hand grips that feature extra hand positions for easy reach, as well as a newly improved ultra-smooth, dual-rail design for increased stability during workouts.
- Max Total also comes with a matching Bowflex machine mat to protect users’ floors.
The Bowflex Max Trainer Max Total is available online at www.bowflex.com for $2,799.
Bowflex Results Series BXT216 and BXT116 Treadmills
Highlights of the Bowflex BXT216 and BXT116 treadmills include:
- Compatibility with Nautilus, Inc.’s JRNY digital platform, which customizes the adaptive coaching technology for treadmill users.
- An innovative Burn Rate console displays the total calories burned each minute, motivating users to go further, faster and achieve better results in less time.
- Equipped with 11 pre-programmed workouts, the top-of-the-line Bowflex BXT216 treadmill can track and store data for up to four different users.
- An LCD screen, built-in speakers and a media tray so users can stay up-to-date on their favorite shows during a workout or use the JRNY app.
The Bowflex BXT216 and BXT116 treadmills are available online at www.bowflex.com and at select retailers. The BXT216 treadmill is priced at $1,799, and the BXT116 treadmill is priced at $1,499. JRNY is available now on iOS to Bowflex treadmill customers and will launch on Android in the first quarter of 2020.
*Subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu are not included.
About Nautilus, Inc.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Nautilus, Inc. (NYSE: NLS) is a global technology driven fitness solutions company that believes everyone deserves a fit and healthy life. With a brand portfolio including Bowflex®, Nautilus®, Octane Fitness® and Schwinn®, Nautilus, Inc. develops innovative products to support healthy living through direct and retail channels as well as in commercial channels. Nautilus, Inc. uses the investor relations page of its website (www.nautilusinc.com/investors) to make information available to its investors and the market.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191030005307/en/
Source: Nautilus, Inc.
The Hoffman Agency