representing the industry
Convening members in the football industry to promote the game.
The SFIA Football Business Council promotes the growth and continued play of football at all levels of the sport in the safest and most enjoyable environment for the athlete possible.
The 2024 Football Business Council Meeting will take place on April 15 as part of the SFIA/NFHS Team Sports Conference, taking place at the Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis
- Website and Research: SFIA maintains a database that tracks tackle and flag participation through the Sports, Fitness, & Leisure Activities Topline Participation Report.
- National Mediation: SFIA serves as a mediator on issues between manufacturers and the National Federation of State High School Associations, USA Football, NFL, Pop Warner, NCAA and other national governing bodies.
- Annual Discussions with NGBs: SFIA coordinates an annual meeting each April in Indianapolis with the National Federation of State High School Associations and the NCAA to discuss rules changes that impact uniforms and equipment.
- Data and Demographics: SFIA provides the industry with demographics on participation through SFIA’s Sports & Fitness Participation Report, Sports Participation in America, and U. S. Trends in Team Sports.
- Industry Sales: SFIA conducts an annual wholesale sales study (Manufacturers’ Sales by Category Report) on the U.S. sporting goods industry, which includes line items dedicated specifically to football such as helmets, protective equipment, balls and field equipment.
You must be an SFIA Member to join the Football Business Council.
Football Business Council Member Companies
For more information or for questions on the Football Business Council, please contact [email protected].