SFIA’s Super Regional series kicks off this November with three events in major markets to enhance the member experience.
(October 16, 2023) – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) is launching a new Super Regional Series in November, offering a unique localized opportunity for SFIA members, partners, and industry leaders to meet about business insights and topics driving today’s sporting goods and fitness environment. This series links major markets to better serve the 700 brands, manufacturers, retailers, governing bodies, and sports leagues that SFIA represents around the country.
The Super Regionals are designed for senior-level and rising career executives in leading critical functional roles for members, as well as regional sports and business leaders. The programs will provide a State of the Industry analysis and explore industry priorities including: growing youth sports and fitness participation, leadership challenges in today’s new work environment, evolving consumer behavior, athlete influence (NIL), brand marketing, intellectual property protection, and the impact of generative AI. Each Super Regional features a fireside chat with a top industry CEO and concludes with a cocktail networking reception.
“With Super Regionals, SFIA is bringing our best content and professional development to where our members live and work,” said Tom Cove, President & CEO, SFIA. “The intimate environment and accessibility of these events provide a great opportunity to engage within the industry and better serve our valued members.”
The 2023 Super Regional schedule with local start times:
- November 1 at 1 p.m. – Boston, MA: Warrior Ice Arena (Boston Bruins training facility)
- November 9 at 1 p.m. – Seattle, WA: Brooks Sports Headquarters
- November 15 at 5:30 p.m. – New York, NY: Offices of Loeb & Loeb
Confirmed speakers to date for the November Super Regionals include:
- Jim Weber, CEO, Brooks Sports
- Ed Kinnaly, CEO, Bauer Hockey|Cascade Maverik Lacrosse
- Sameer Ahuja, President, GameChanger and Sr. Vice President, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Haley Skarupa, Olympic Gold Medalist and 3X World Champion, Women’s Ice Hockey
- Rob Knesaurek, Sr. Vice President, Community Development & Industry Growth
- Tom Cove, President and CEO, SFIA
- Jim Brett, President and CEO, The New England Council
- Matt Dubin, Co-Founder, The Venn Collective
- Keith Friedenberg, Chief Analytics and Insights Officer, Endeavor Analytics
- Jacqueline Leamer, Co-Founder, The Venn Collective
These are limited-capacity events, and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thank you to our sponsors for the inaugural Super Regionals: Octane 5, Merchant Cost Consulting, Corsearch, and Loeb & Loeb.
2024 Super Regional dates and locations will be announced in the coming weeks.
Click here for more information and to register for any of the three events.
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation, as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit sfia.org.