Finalists Will Now Pitch To 100+ Sports and Fitness Executives and Investors
(August 28, 2023) – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) has selected ten finalists to present their companies at the 2023 SFIA Start-Up Challenge, taking place virtually on October 10, 2023. The Start-Up Challenge, now in its seventh year, supports driven entrepreneurs who are changing the landscape of the sports and fitness industry with their products, technologies, or ideas.
The application pool included entrepreneurs from around the world, representing all segments of the sports and fitness industry, including recovery and training products, technologies and apps, and more.
All finalists will receive an official invite to present at the live, online Q&A Evaluation Session (October 10) to a panel of 100+ judges made up of industry executives, investors, retailers, and thought leaders. In addition, all finalists receive one year of SFIA membership, a logo feature in an SFIA research report, a five-minute pitch video, real-time feedback from industry decision-makers and executives, and personal introductions.
The 2023 finalists are:
- Betterguards Technology: Award-winning global sports technology company changing the game through injury prevention and performance innovation.
- MyStrongCircle: Multi-fitness studio membership app for the yoga-addicted cyclist and the boxing-obsessed dancer.
- NuShoulder: Dynamic manufacturer and physical training firm revolutionizing how rotational athletes approach rotator cuff strength and rehabilitation.
- PassBack: Nonprofit that upcycles sports gear through community-based reuse and recycling processes so that every child has the opportunity to play.
- Reeplayer: Using cutting-edge technology, Reeplayer autonomously records and live-streams the highest quality footage for youth and amateur sports.
- SoleCooler: CLIMFEET insoles are reversible insoles that warm or cool your feet by harnessing the mechanical energy of footsteps through thermodynamics.
- Spryng: A brand on a mission to bring active pneumatic compression therapy to all, through the affordable, 100% wireless pneumatic compression wrap for effective muscle recovery.
- Supersapiens: Develops innovative insights around glucose that drive positive behavior change and unlock better performance and recovery.
- WearBands: Developed by athletes, coaches, and kinesiologists to address the untapped hole in strength and conditioning equipment: the ability to resistance train speed and agility drills with zero restriction of movement.
- ZAMA Health: A sports psychology and mental wellbeing platform for the athletic community.
In addition to all the prizes listed above, the grand prize winner will receive a 2024 SFIA Start-Up Challenge judges’ seat, national media coverage, a spotlight in an SFIA Research Report, and the SFIA Event Advantage – which includes a free event registration, speaking opportunity, and public recognition as the winner at an SFIA Event.
“SFIA loves to see the continued success of former Start-Up Challenge finalists and winners,” said Tom Cove, President & CEO, SFIA. “This year’s Challenge is shaping up to produce some of the next up-and-coming businesses in the industry across a variety of categories. It is always exciting for SFIA to provide entrepreneurs the platform to share their innovative ideas, especially at a time when physical fitness and activity rates are the highest they have been in five years.”
For more on the 2023 Start-Up Challenge, visit www.sfiastartupchallenge.org.
If you are interested in an interview with one of the Start-Up Challenge finalists or a member of the SFIA team, please contact Lisa Futterman at [email protected].
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation, as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit sfia.org.