Three New Board Members Elected, Four Re-elected to Three-Year Terms
SILVER SPRING, MD (January 7, 2022) – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) is pleased to announce the election of Jonathan Ram, Group President, Global Activewear, HanesBrands Inc., as Chairman of the SFIA Board of Directors from 2022-2023. In addition, three new members were elected, and four members were re-elected to three-year terms. They join 13 remaining Board members serving staggered terms. The election took place at SFIA’s Annual Meeting on December 17, 2021.
Mr. Ram has served in his current role with HanesBrands since 2018, and previously spent 16 years with New Balance Athletics Inc., most recently as Executive Vice President.
“Jonathan Ram has had an exemplary career as a top executive in our industry. This experience, combined with his invaluable service as a member of SFIA’s Board of Directors since 2016, including several years on the Executive Committee, make him the perfect choice to lead the organization forward,” said Tom Cove, President & CEO, SFIA. “We are fortunate and excited to have Jon’s vision and energy leading SFIA.”
New Additions to the Board of Directors Include:
- Dave Elliot, CEO, Augusta Sportswear Brands – 2022-2024
- Jeff Fiorini, CEO, Nevco Sports – 2022-2024
- Laura St. George, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Gared – 2022-2024
Board Members Being Re-Elected Include:
- Jennifer Bendall, Vice President, North America Government and Public Affairs, Nike – 2022-2024
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, Social Impact, Growth Initiative & Legislative Affairs, National Hockey League – 2022-2024
- Michael Schroeder, Senior Vice President, Sales, North America, Gildan – 2022-2024
- Dan Sheridan, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Brooks Running Company – 2022-2024
Mr. Ram replaces former Chairman of the Board Dan Arment, CEO and President of Riddell, who served two, one-year terms as Chairman.
“The entire SFIA Board, staff and membership will be forever indebted to Dan Arment for his steadfast leadership during the most tumultuous time our industry faced in generations,” said Cove. “We are so thankful and appreciative for the commitment he made to SFIA when we needed him most.”
The new Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors began their terms on January 1, 2022.