Finalists Now Pitch To 100+ Sports and Fitness Executives and Investors
SILVER SPRING, MD (June 9, 2022) – Nine finalists have been selected by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) to present their companies at the 2022 SFIA Start-Up Challenge, taking place virtually on July 26, 2022. The application pool included entrepreneurs from around the world, representing all segments of the industry, including innovative sports tech, fitness equipment, team and racquet sports, health and wellness products, gaming, and more.
All finalists will receive industry exposure, real-time feedback from industry decision-makers and executives, personal introductions, and one year of SFIA membership. Each finalist will create a five-minute pitch video, professionally edited and polished by our digital media partner, Spark Inc., and present to an elite panel of more than 100 judges. Assessments will evaluate each company in terms of relevancy, creativity, and potential. In addition to the prizes listed above, the grand prize winner will be awarded a 2023 SFIA Start-Up Challenge judge’s seat, national media coverage, an SFIA research report spotlight, and an exclusive 2022 Industry Leaders Summit package.
The 2022 finalists are:
- Altis: A technology company pursuing high-quality access to fitness instruction using an AI Personal Trainer powered by the world’s first movement operating system, creating the most interactive and intelligent training experience through any screen.
- Caliber Fitness: An outcomes-focused digital fitness platform that combines science-based programming, expert human coaching, and a data-driven experience to deliver life-changing health and wellness outcomes for its members.
- Ida Sports: Creator of a soccer cleat designed specifically for women. This initiative is about more than a shoe. Ida is dedicated to gender equality, empowering women and girls, and ensuring everyone has the right to enjoy sport.
- OWN IT: A coaching system that leverages biometrics from leading wearables devices, transforming wellness into performance. Athletes receive actionable insights and habit recommendations from eight ‘controllables’ to optimize sleep, health, recovery, and performance gains.
- Playfinity: Bridging the gap between gaming, technology, and sports. By combining gaming technology with physical activity, Playfinity creates engaging and fun games inspired by the sports kids and parents love, to keep communities playing together and longer.
- Revolin Sports: A leading design and manufacturing company focused on one of the fastest-growing sports in the country, pickleball! Revolin is committed to the development of eco-friendly materials and sustainable manufacturing practices through the production of paddles, apparel, and accessories for pickleball.
- Samson’s Grip: A training glove designed to become the new standard for grip strength training and rehabilitation.
- Scorched Ice: A hardware-enabled connected athlete platform that allows any hockey player to personalize their development, compare, inspire, and celebrate with the global hockey community, to unlock their full potential.
- SynergySvn: A sports and science tech company that merges human insight with artificial intelligence to deliver skill-specific feedback using diagnostic wearables to help accelerate muscle memory and boost athletic performance.
“It is exciting and affirming to see the innovative ideas and competitive spirit driving these young sports product companies,” said Tom Cove, President & CEO, SFIA.
“The backbone of the industry’s success is the creative, risk-taking, and entrepreneurial culture of companies like these, who when presented with challenges, continue to find a way to add value to the sports and fitness industry. We host the SFIA Start-Up Challenge annually to provide early businesses the opportunity to propel the industry to new heights, and we are very excited about this year’s innovators.”
For more on the 2022 Start-Up Challenge, visit www.sfiastartupchallenge.org.
If you are interested in an interview with one of our 9 Start-Up Challenge finalists or a member of the SFIA team, please contact Lisa Futterman at [email protected].
# # #
ABOUT SFIA: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA), the #1 source for sport and fitness research, is the leading global trade association of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers in the sports products and fitness industry. SFIA seeks to promote sports and fitness participation, as well as industry vitality through research, thought leadership, public affairs, industry affairs, and member services. For more information, please visit sfia.org.