Washington, D.C. (January 17, 2023): The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) joined business interests in requesting the Biden Administration drop Section 301 tariffs on Chinese-made products entering the U.S. The letter to USTR Tai, signed by nearly 200 leading business organizations, highlights that the $165 billion in Section 301 tariffs collected to date has:
– Had little impact on IPR
– Has not brought manufacturing jobs back to the U.S.
– Harmed U.S. businesses, employees, and consumers
– Increased inflationary pressure in America
– Caused uncertainty for American businesses
The business community requests:
– An open comment period for businesses to provide insight on the impact of tariffs on their business
– USTR re-opens a fair and transparent Section 301 tariff exclusion process after the General Accountability Office (GAO) report found the initial exclusion process was unfair and fatally flawed.
SFIA is committed to lower tariffs to reduce Member costs and help consumers in a challenging economy. We will continue to support efforts to reduce/eliminate punitive tariffs of Chinese imports.
Click here to view the letter.
For more information or for questions, please contact Bill Sells, SVP, Government & Public Affairs, at [email protected].